Hi! I'm Polly and this is my travel blog.


I've been traveling since before I was born (literally), thanks to my parents. However, between work and money, my trips are usually limited to one or two new locations per year. I love adding new countries to the list of places I've visited, but I also enjoy seeing different parts of the United States and feel lucky to live in such a large, geographically and culturally diverse country. As of this posting, I've been to 17 countries and visited 38 of the 50 states.

I'm an artist and a history and culture geek. I love trying new food and exploring old buildings. I enjoy city weekends and country road trips. I'm generally a budget traveler, but I like to splurge on at least one unique experience for each trip I take. Sometimes I travel with family or friends, but I love the freedom of solo travel. Capturing the feel of a place with my camera is extremely important to me.

Below is a list of places I've been to. I've added links to the ones I've written about here. Enjoy exploring!

NORTH AMERICA

Born in DC, grew up in Virginia, went to school in Brooklyn, NY. My family was really into road trips, which got me off to a great start – I’ve visited 38 states and Puerto Rico, so far. I’ve written about New York, Colorado, Connecticut, Michigan, California, Florida, Texas, Washington, Vermont, and Virginia on this blog.

First went to Canada in 2003 when my parents were looking for a retirement property on Prince Edward Island and now go back every summer. I’ve also visited Victoria, Quebec City, Cape Breton, and Ottawa.

Spent a week in Mexico City during spring break in 2016. Returned on a 2018 cruise that included stops in Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Dominican Republic
Spent two weeks in Puerto Plata in 2008 as a chaperone for my church's youth group.

Cayman Islands
Visited this U.K. territory for a day on my 2018 Caribbean cruise.

SOUTH AMERICA
Attended the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Visited Natal, Manaus, Recife, Salvador, and Rio de Janeiro from mid-June to mid-July.

Spent a week in Buenos Aires and Iguazu Falls on my 2014 trip.

AFRICA

Went with my church youth group for a month in 1998. Visited Cape Town, Tsitsikamma National Park, Grahamstown, New London, Golden Gate National Park, Kruger National Park, and Johannesburg.

Traveled with my friend Lis to visit our friend Kate for spring break 2013. Spent a week in Cairo and Luxor.

EUROPE

First visited Venice, Rome, and Florence on a high school Eurotrip in 2000. Went back to Venice for a summer study abroad program in 2003, then spent a few weeks in Tuscany and Umbria with my family.

Spent two weeks in Spain in June 2018. Focused on central Spain this go-around and visited Madrid, Toledo, la Mancha, Cuenca, Salamanca, Avila, El Escorial, and Segovia.

Visited Frankfurt, Munich, and Heidelberg on my 2000 Eurotrip. Returned for Easter breakfast with Lis’s family on our way to Egypt in 2013.

Spent a few days in Dijon and Paris in 2000.

Visited Canterbury and London in 2000. Returned to London and Brighton twice in 2003 for Harry Potter-related reasons.

Visited Lucerne overnight in 2000.

Visited Innsbruck as a daytrip in 2000.

Visited the Vatican as a daytrip in 2000.

ASIA

Traveled with my cousin Monica in July 2017 to visit our cousin Lara while she was teaching English with the JET program. Spent two and a half weeks visiting Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Koyasan, Osaka, Hiroshima, Matsue, and the Oki Islands.


"Thursday's child has far to go..." - Traditional English Poem

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...