California 2009 Roundup


In 2009, I decided to fly cross-country to meet Chris Pine finally take advantage of the fact I had friends and family in California, and hit them all up as I traveled from San Francisco to San Diego. Below you'll find a link to every post I wrote about this particular trip, in chronological order.

Walking Around San Francisco
Hear the sea lions at Pier 39, take a virtual ride on a cable car, and find out the difference between Chinatown in New York and San Francisco.


Golden Gate Bridge and Park
I walk across one of the most iconic bridges in the world, before enjoying a stroll through the Japanese Tea Garden at Golden Gate Park.


Napa Valley Day-Trip
Why a $25 tasting was actually worthwhile - hint: it involves a Chris Pine movie - and the best winery to visit last while driving the Silverado Trail.


The Coast Starlight
I take Amtrak from San Francisco to L.A. and pay more for the cab ride to my hotel than I did in train fare.


Driving Around L.A.
Not as difficult as it's built up to be. Also, a tycoon's personal art collection and tar pits full of dire wolves.


The Beaches and 'Farragut North'
Lazing around Santa Monica and Venice Beach, zebra-print bathrobes at a Kimpton Hotel, and getting to meet Captain Kirk (!).


Disneyland (for Free!) on my Birthday
My parents never took me to Disney as a child. I may be immune to the magic, but Space Mountain was fun.


One Day in San Diego
Veronica Mars at Balboa Park, why you shouldn't take the bus at the San Diego Zoo, and punny mixed drinks.

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...